About Me

My photo
I have completely overcome eating disorders which emerged during my young womanhood, and I have also overcome addiction to cigarettes and marijuana. I am not interested in 12-step approaches to treatment for addictions. However, I do support Moderation Management as a beneficial therapeutic community, and I have found members of that group to be loving, supportive, patient, and kind. Feel free to email me at eviebie@gmail.com

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Today I'm twisted around in my mind

I'm only checking in today. I did not practice yoga, and I feel pretty low. It's the 4th day without alcohol. I am battling intense cravings, along with the frustration that the urge, the desire, the need cannot be filled with anything else. Yoga would be very beneficial right now, but all I can do at this time is light some candles, put on some Shantala and do some sun salutations and stretches. And read. I love to read. This should inform me of the importance of maintaining a sober life. To suffer this is uncomfortable and it's chronic. I loathe addiction. I wonder if I can ever live without the need to reach for something outside of myself to comfort me.

No comments:

Post a Comment