About Me

My photo
I have completely overcome eating disorders which emerged during my young womanhood, and I have also overcome addiction to cigarettes and marijuana. I am not interested in 12-step approaches to treatment for addictions. However, I do support Moderation Management as a beneficial therapeutic community, and I have found members of that group to be loving, supportive, patient, and kind. Feel free to email me at eviebie@gmail.com

Sunday, April 17, 2011

I hope this will be a long and beautiful journey

Today I am abstaining from alcohol. I will be in Anusara-Inspired yoga for and hour and fifteen minutes, followed by tea and reading in the main lounge of my studio, and then the restorative session in the evening. Never before has the term "restorative" meant so much to me. My intention for the yoga session will be set at freedom, as I move through my poses in such a way that I am destroying and burying that which does not support me, while I embrace and receive all that does support me. I will be turning inward to forgive and nourish my shattered mind, and in another breath I will open my heart to this new path and expand outward, reaching as far as I am capable. The intention for the evening restorative session should be healing, but I will wait and see what comes to me during the first "Om"

No comments:

Post a Comment