About Me

My photo
I have completely overcome eating disorders which emerged during my young womanhood, and I have also overcome addiction to cigarettes and marijuana. I am not interested in 12-step approaches to treatment for addictions. However, I do support Moderation Management as a beneficial therapeutic community, and I have found members of that group to be loving, supportive, patient, and kind. Feel free to email me at eviebie@gmail.com

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I am jumping into a sober lifestyle with both feet

What I want is relief. I want to be sober. I have lived with a lot of uncertainty about this, because I have become unnaturally emotionally attached to red wine. But, now I feel different. I'd rather feel good than feel buzzed.The truth is that I want to feel like myself again. I've had a distorted sense of who I am and what is important in my life. It's time to turn the corner and rebuild myself. I realize the first few days can be difficult. I may feel down, or bored, or a sense that I "need" something but can't get it. Today, I'm taking a noon vinyasa class. The focus today will be on cleansing and restoring clarity to my mind, and on allowing my recent relapse to wash away.

No comments:

Post a Comment