About Me

My photo
I have completely overcome eating disorders which emerged during my young womanhood, and I have also overcome addiction to cigarettes and marijuana. I am not interested in 12-step approaches to treatment for addictions. However, I do support Moderation Management as a beneficial therapeutic community, and I have found members of that group to be loving, supportive, patient, and kind. Feel free to email me at eviebie@gmail.com

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

So much relief!

What a difference a day makes! One long day of sobriety, and I woke up this morning so rested and peaceful. I have this feeling that I am working toward rejoining myself. I feel as if I've been separated from my real self for a long time. I feel like I don't know the person living inside my body. With sobriety and healing, I believe I can find my way back to my true being, and live in comfort in my own skin.

Yesterday's practice was odd. It was with a different instructor than usual, no music, very quiet and slow. I have to say that the gentle flow was restorative and gave me space to meditate where I could. I am sorry to say I was a little bored throughout the class. But, on the first day of abstinence, I'm still too tired from lost sleep and shaky from withdrawal symptoms, and I feel dull and listless throughout the day. Therefore, my reaction to the class was probably more a function of the static discomfort I was feeling inside my own skin.

I believe today will be a solo practice in my home. I will practice in the glorious sunlight coming through my window. Just like yesterday, the cleansing of my mind will be the center of my movements. I have no plans to work on or toward any particular asanas, but I want a full 1.5 hour session in cycles that work through all the needs of my body and mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment