About Me

My photo
I have completely overcome eating disorders which emerged during my young womanhood, and I have also overcome addiction to cigarettes and marijuana. I am not interested in 12-step approaches to treatment for addictions. However, I do support Moderation Management as a beneficial therapeutic community, and I have found members of that group to be loving, supportive, patient, and kind. Feel free to email me at eviebie@gmail.com

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Today's pose: the courageous warrior

I had an awakening. I suddenly became overwhelmed with the sense that I desire to be whole, healthy, and good. I want to reach deep into my innermost soul to find the strength I know must live there - the strength to live my life with integrity (and SANITY), facing life's challenges without fear, coping with disappointment and grief rather than being overwhelmed. I've succumbed so often to negative attitudes about myself, my mind, my addiction, my mental illness. I have so often believed I'm ugly and dark and rotten inside. But I'm not. It's merely a reflection of my suffering. There is another way to live, and I can achieve that today. I can have peace and acceptance. Today's pose is the courageous warrior. Today I will have the courage to face my life, my reality, accept that the past is gone forever. I want to be good. I want to be wonderful. I want to be loved by others, but I also need be loved by me. Today that is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment